Nutrition at a Glance introduces key nutrition facts, such as the role of key nutrients in maintaining health, and addresses the concepts of nutrient metabolism, nutritional intake and what makes an adequate diet. It covers food safety, allergy and intolerance, GM foods, diet-related diseases and nutrigenomics.
Nutrition at a Glance:
• Is superbly illustrated, with full colour illustrations throughout
• Includes nutrition ‘hot topics’ such as gene-nutrient interactions and dietary supplements
• Has strong international appeal, with different dietary requirements provided for many countries
• Is a reference text suitable for post-docs and junior scientists, including those working in public health and dietetics
• Includes a companion website at www.ataglanceseries.com/nutrition featuring interactive multiple choice questions, abbreviations, a glossary, references and further reading, and Appendix B 1: Global dietary guidelines and Dietary Reference Intakes